Regional LABC Building Excellence Awards
The LABC Regional Building Excellence Awards are the largest business to business awards in the UK. The awards celebrate your achievements in the construction industry. They reward excellent buildings, outstanding companies, and partnerships and individuals that go that extra mile. LABC wants to award technical design and construction skills and focuses on well-built buildings that comply with the Building Regulations. Of course, the Awards are a great opportunity to network!
The network covers all local authorities in England and Wales and is split into 12 regions, each of which holds its own regional awards. Hertfordshire falls under the Central Region.
“A really great night and delighted that we came out as winners. We’re really pleased that we were persuaded to take part in the event as we feel that it’s definitely added a feel-good factor to all those involved in the project delivery, and the wider Ashe team. Also, we’re proudly shouting about it on our social media channels too. Looking forward to the London finals!“
Andrew Morris, Ashe Construction
Who can enter and what’s the process?
If you’ve worked with us as builder, architect, designer, contractor and anyone else involved in a construction project you can submit an entry to The Central Region. These are then reviewed and shortlisted by a panel of judges.
It’s not all about looks! The LABC consider other important factors including:
- The challenges you faced in meeting or exceeding building regulations and how you overcame them
- Effective working relationships with LABC surveyors
- Outstanding craftsmanship
- Innovation and problem solving
- Sustainability and high performance
- Site and project management
- Inclusivity – where applicable is there evidence of an inclusive approach that exceeds part M
For the 2020 Awards (projects completed in 2019) there are 10 categories:
- Best extension or alteration to an existing dwelling
- Best local builder or traditional craftsperson
- Best change of use of an existing building
- Best individual new home
- Best new housing development (split into small and large during judging)
- Best social or affordable new housing development
- Best public service or educational building
- Best commercial project (split into small and large during judging)
- LABC construction professional of the year
- Best partnership with a local authority building control team
Regional winners in each category are automatically shortlisted for the LABC Grand Finals which are held in London.
Entries for the 2020 awards are now open!
Please speak with your Hertfordshire Building Control surveyor or contact, or email us on email@example.com with details of the project you have worked on with us. Please note that entries will require up to six images of the project.
For more information see the LABC website here