Since the third lockdown due to the new strain of Covid-19, we updated working practices to ensure our safety and yours. Throughout the Covid-19 pandemic, we have worked with our people, clients, and partners to help to prevent the spread of infection whilst still being able to provide an effective service. The measures we have implemented, despite the challenges and unpredictability of the situation, enables us to continue to provide our service. They also maintain the safety of our people and our clients. We are grateful for your continued support.
We have implemented the following measures that we hope will ensure our customers experience an undisrupted service:
- Applications for building control services should be submitted, as usual, preferably using our portal at the following link: https://online.hertfordshirebc.co.uk/
- Our plans checking service will continue as normal. We will ensure that we respond to you quickly to either issue an approval or request further information.
- For the significant majority of inspections, we recognise that it will still be necessary to attend the site. When booking these site inspections our operations teams will be confirming the following:
- Please advise us if anyone at the site (property owner or builder) has been ill, or is displaying the coronavirus symptoms;
- Please advise if anyone at the site is in quarantine or is shielding;
- Advise us if anyone at the site has returned from a country where they are required to self-isolate in the last 14 days
- Confirm that if coronavirus symptoms appear prior to our visit you will inform us and postpone the site visit
- Could the inspection be carried out in the absence of the builder/homeowner if necessary?
- Where appropriate, we may decide to carry out certain inspections virtually and this will be the case for most internal inspections. Working with trusted partners ensuring we obtain the necessary evidence to confirm compliance is key.
- Site surveyors will wear masks at all times when on-site. They will maintain a 2m distance between themselves and others at the site. We ask that your teams do the same.
- Surveyors will record who they meet at the site and take contact details for ‘track and trace’.
Our business continuity team will continue to hold regular meetings to develop and adapt to changes. This will ensure we remain up-to-date and able to provide our services. Staff attending our office hub will undertake lateral flow testing.
If you do have any questions, please get in touch with your HBC contact or phone our operations team 01438 879990.
Our Working Practices Infographic:
For the latest advice from the Department of Health and Social Care and Public Health England: