The LABC Partner Authority Scheme
The LABC and Hertfordshire Building Control together with construction professionals work with clients to preserve a golden thread of quality. There are companies that we have developed a good working relationship with while processing their applications for Building Regulations approval. They have seen a mutual benefit to working with us on all their projects, whether within or beyond our district boundaries.
There is no fee for our partnership programme and we do not ask partners to enter into a contractual arrangement. What we expect from them is an honest, open approach with the mutual aim of working together on further projects to ensure that buildings are compliant with regulations.
The LABC partner authority scheme is shared by all local authority building control teams allowing us to check and approve applications for work anywhere in England and Wales. Under cross-border agreements, we can often also undertake the site inspections for work outside of our district boundaries. For projects in other regions of the country, the inspection role is undertaken by the local authority where the project is situated.
If there is a particular Surveyor that you have enjoyed working with then we can consider allocating them as your key contact to take a lead role on all your applications. That might be pre-application consultations, design checking and in some cases site inspections depending on the location of the site. Alternatively, we can select one of our experienced and qualified Surveyors to act as your key contact.
Who can join the scheme?
All types of organisations join the partner authority scheme ranging from large corporate clients to small and medium-sized enterprises. They benefit hugely from having a dedicated building control surveyor who is able to answer their questions.
Speak with your local building control surveyor or click the link at the bottom of the page to apply.
What are the benefits of being registered with LABC’s Partner Authority Scheme?
- A single point of contact for all your building control work in England, Wales and Scotland
- Competitive pricing on high volumes of repeat work or major developments
- Site inspections from a local professional team with invaluable local contacts and knowledge
- Simplified fees and invoicing arrangements
- Electronic submissions and e-working
- The use of LABC Partner logo on all of your marketing materials
- Easy access to the planning department, the highways engineers and local fire service
- In-depth expertise on structure, fire, acoustics, warranties, access, contamination, energy and sustainability from LABC specialists.
Tell Us About Your Project