Full Plans and Building Notices

Building Control Technical Guidance Leaflet No. 1

Building Regulations Applications: Full Plans & Building Notices

This leaflet is one of a series produced by the Hertfordshire Building Control Technical Forum


Work that requires building regulation approval

If you are intending to carry out building works you must submit an application to Building Control. Your application may be in the form of Full Plans or Building Notice. Many authorities are able to accept online submissions. Please contact your local authority Building Control for further information. You may also require Planning Permission. Please contact the Development Control section if in doubt. Work on site must not start until at least two working days after depositing an acceptable application with Building Control and you should give notice of commencement (preferably in writing either by e mail, fax, post) providing your builders details and contact numbers. Applications expire after 3 years if work has not started. There are three types of applications; Full Plans, Building Notice and Regularisation. See leaflet 5 for further guidance on regularisation applications where the work has already been carried out.

To see more read the full PDF here