Our Covid-19 Business Continuation Practices
Throughout the Covid-19 pandemic, we have worked with our people, clients, and partners to help to prevent the spread of infection whilst still being able to provide an effective service. The measures we have implemented, despite the challenges and unpredictability of the current situation, enables us to continue to provide that service and maintains the safety of our people and our clients. We are grateful for your continued support. Here’s a useful reminder of our current processes for the delivery of our services:
We have implemented the following measures during the Covid-19 pandemic that we hope will ensure our customers experience an undisrupted service:
- Applications for building control services should be submitted, as usual, preferably using our portal at the following link: https://online.hertfordshirebc.co.uk/
- Our plans checking service will continue as normal. We will ensure that we respond to you quickly to either issue an approval or request further information in order to do so.
- For the significant majority of inspections, we recognise that it will still be necessary to attend the site. When booking these site inspections our operations teams will be confirming the following:
- Please advise us if anyone at the site (property owner or builder) has been ill, or is displaying the coronavirus symptoms;
- Please advise if anyone at the site is in quarantine or is shielding;
- Advise us if anyone at the site has returned from a country where they are required to self-isolate in the last 14 days
- Confirm that if coronavirus symptoms appear prior to our visit you will inform us and postpone the site visit
- Could the inspection be carried out in the absence of the builder/homeowner if necessary?
- Where appropriate, we may decide to carry out certain inspections virtually. Working with trusted partners ensuring we obtain the necessary evidence to confirm compliance is key. This will be in the minority of cases. We find the best way to support our clients is by being on-site!
- Site surveyors will wear masks at all times when on site and will maintain a 2m distance between themselves and others at the site.
- Surveyors will record who they meet at the site and take contact details for ‘track and trace’.
If you do have any questions, please get in touch with your HBC contact or phone our operations team 01438 879990.